Re: Asking for a new pseudo package in the BTS: l10n-french

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 11:41:56AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 12:47:59AM +0100, Michael Bramer wrote:
> [...]
> >       Owners: debconf/frontend
> >    What is 'Owners'?
>
> This is the list of questions bound to this template.
>
> >    It must be in the file (or you get: "Can't call
> >    method "clearall" on an undefined value at
> >    /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Template.pm line 150")
> >    It is all the time equal with 'Name'?
>
> Not necessarily (see eg. console-data)

But this is a problem. The ddtp server don't know this information...
Have someone a solution?

> >  - The debconf dat file don't need the english text. This is IMHO a big
> >    problem. Not only for us. You get all the time the text from the
> >    stack top db!
> [...]
>
> This is why I wrote
>    Yes it works out of the box if your localized templates.dat files
>    are up to date.

The templates.dat is normal uptodate. But maybe someone install some
older or private packages...

> There are issues when text changes, but IMO they are not very important,
> because with this scheme you can translate all debconf templates during
> the freeze.  But I do not know if the DDTP can be used for distributions
> different than unstable.

The server know the templates from sid, sarge and woody. It can produce
templates.dat files/packages for all this distributions...

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Free Software is like sex: You don't know what you're missing until