Re: Indonesian

http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translation_coordinators as
> the coordinator of the website translation in Indonesian. I think he
> may know the other people currently translating for Debian, if any.

AFAIK, there is no translation of specifically Debian packages to
Indonesian. So, there are plenty translation works can be done on
Debian.

> I agree with the priority to give to end-user programs, but I'd like
> to temperate it: I think that the website and basis programs like
dpkg
> itself are also good candidate.

Agreed. Also, description of packages would be great as well.

> but ID really needs help: only 16 pages from 1130 are translated and
> uptodate...
> See also: http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating

:( I'm a bit disorganised at the moment. I've got some updated, but
still on my machine.

> But I think the main task for ID translator is to organize
> themselves. The first task is to open a mailing list for you all, and

> then to try to find more and more translators.

Well, not many Indonesian are using Debian yet. Further, people think
that Debian is hard to use, they prefer to use other distros. All in
all, not many Indonesian involved in translation project. If any, they
are more likely to stuck in a particular project or work in a company
(a distro).

It's not Debian specific but easier to find others.

--junaedi