Re: Indonesian

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 06:51:10PM -0800, Junaedi Kartawijaya wrote:

> --- Martin Quinson <Martin.Quinson@ens-lyon.fr> wrote:

> > You may also contact Junaedi Kartawijaya <milisdebian@yahoo.com>, who
> > is listed by
> http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translation_coordinators as
> > the coordinator of the website translation in Indonesian. I think he
> > may know the other people currently translating for Debian, if any.
>
> AFAIK, there is no translation of specifically Debian packages to
> Indonesian. So, there are plenty translation works can be done on
> Debian.
>
> > I agree with the priority to give to end-user programs, but I'd like
> > to temperate it: I think that the website and basis programs like
> dpkg
> > itself are also good candidate.
>
> Agreed. Also, description of packages would be great as well.

Mmm. Well, I don't see that point as a priority, since no program can use
the translated description *yet*. There is enough to translate to wait for
the needed modification in apt, dpkg and related packages, IMHO.

> > but ID really needs help: only 16 pages from 1130 are translated and
> > uptodate...
> > See also: http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating
>
> :( I'm a bit disorganised at the moment. I've got some updated, but
> still on my machine.

What's the problem ? I have a write access to the webpages, and if you only
need to commit stuff, just contact me by private mail, I can do it for you,
until you've your own account.