Re: Indonesian

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 08:24:21PM -0600, David Starner wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 08:47:49AM +0700, arief muLya wrote:
> > Is there any port to Indonesian Language in Debian's wolrd, yet?
> > How can I help?

You may also contact Junaedi Kartawijaya <milisdebian@yahoo.com>, who is
listed by http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translation_coordinators as
the coordinator of the website translation in Indonesian. I think he may
know the other people currently translating for Debian, if any.

I agree with the priority to give to end-user programs, but I'd like to
temperate it: I think that the website and basis programs like dpkg itself
are also good candidate.

afaik, there is only one translator for the swedish website, and according
to http://www.debian.org/devel/website/stats/, it's the language in which
the website is the better translated. but ID really needs help: only 16 pages
from 1130 are translated and uptodate...
See also: http://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating

If you want to translate debconf templates, the best solution is to install
the debconf-doc pakage (from woody), and read it. According to
http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/templates/
no debconf template at all is translated to ID. That's not a real problem
since this is not centralized.

But I think the main task for ID translator is to organize themselves. The
first task is to open a mailing list for you all, and then to try to find
more and more translators.

Thanks, Mt.