Re: i18n boot-floppies updated

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 02:08:45PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Note that some i18n folks are saying it would be severly harmful to
> set this by default in /etc/environment.  The question is still
> up-for-grabs regarding what exactly we should do with this info.

Well, this would cause problems unless other things like
console fonts and keyboard maps (AFAIK) are set properly as
well. I think base-config should do that at the very beginning
of the configuration. This is even worse in case of langs using
wide chars - AFAIK ordinary linux console doesn't handle them
properly. I'm not sure if/how we can handle that other than
just disabling this feature for some languages.

regards

Marcin
--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge@pandora.info.bielsko.pl>