Re: i18n boot-floppies updated

Peter Novodvorsky <nidd@altlinux.ru> writes:

> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
>
> > I've just made this change in boot-floppies on the 'tater branch and
> > I'll migrate that to the woody version too.  It's in
> > /root/dbootstrap_settings:
> >
> >   LANGUAGE=<whatever>
>
> LANGUAGE should be in locale format: ll_CC.ENCODING.

Well, I'm just plopping it in there based on what I have.  I'm not
even sure at this point what the format of that is.  I'd have to dig
through dbootstrap code or better yet experiment.

> > If language-env
>
> language-env configures settings only for specific user, so it's not his
> problem.
>
> > or base-config
>
> I'll report bug to  base-config  maintainers.

Ok, I will look for that and followup regarding the data which is
expected in the settings file.

Note that some i18n folks are saying it would be severly harmful to
set this by default in /etc/environment.  The question is still
up-for-grabs regarding what exactly we should do with this info.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>