Re: Hurd and the archive

Sorry to clutter the mailing list.
But as a long time lurker at the mailing list I would just like to thank the "Hurd team" for all your efforts!
@Samuel, I totally agree with you on your points.
I have been happily running Hurd on my (reasonably new) core 2 computer for a year. It wasn't harder to install than a standard linux distribution. If you can accept installing via a curses based interface.
As I have understood it the Linux kernel starts to become much like Microsoft Windows. Just patch after patch on basically the same base. With better distribution this will attract more devs, get better hardware support and grow into something great! With a new foundation, not being locked to old practices (yet).
It just seems counter productive to rely on a small team of devs to do the same work as the "huge" team that Debian/Linux has at its disposal at the moment before supporting them. The Hurd team will never keep up and be able to add more features.
Whenever you install an open source distribution you better check your hardware specs. And no matter if you run linux or Hurd, there is always something not working as expected! That's just how things are and have been for the last fifteen years (since I started using linux).
Just my two cents, (which I know count for nothing).
Anyway, keep up the good work hurd-guys!
/Peter