Re: Hurd and the archive

Neil McGovern, le Wed 08 May 2013 11:35:52 +0100, a écrit :
> > About disk support, I happen to have right now a few days of holiday
> > with no RL plans (at last!), so I'll work on the SATA driver. Having it
> > working within a month should just happen.
>
> But not tested - how about USB - did that ever get sorted?

We have not worked on it.

> How about things like wireless drivers, raid controllers,
> suspend/resume, power management etc?

There are some wireless drivers for pcmcia cards (e.g. orinoco,
hermes). No raid support. No suspend/resume or power management.

I'm wondering: if I had spent time on these instead of working on
Wheezy, I guess people wouldn't have been happy either. I wonder what I
should have done at all.

And when these get implemented, I guess we'll be asked for 3D
acceleration, backlight tuning, memory hotplug, etc. etc.?

> > > d) VMWare/VBox etc.
> >
> > This already works.
>
> Just tried it with vbox - as soon as I selected 'text install', I got a
> "critical error" and the vm stopped.

I don't have this issue at all, things just go fine here with both the
other/other template and the Linux/Linux template. This message comes
from vbox I guess (there is no such message in Mach or the Hurd), so I'd
tend to think virtualbox has some issues in your setup.

> For something to be accepted in testing, it should be in a releaseable
> state.

Which we haven't seen very precisely defined still. Or at least we have
this criterium:

“Are machines available to buy for the general public?”

Which I believe is fullfiled.

Samuel