Re: Hurd and the archive

On 05/05/13 16:07, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> ...released together
>   with all the others (probably as a technology preview)...

> So, release people: How likely is it that Hurd gets added to jessie?

If added as a 'technology preview', what does that mean exactly?

Would Hurd-specific RC-severity bugs stall a package's transition to
testing?  And would it be necessary to fix all Hurd-specific RC bugs to
be able to release?

>From the view of maintainers I think that would be the deciding factor,
because it could imply extra work.  Not everyone sees the benefits of
porting efforts (whereas I see it as excellent QA and promotes better
software design, hence I'm in favour of inclusion).

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org