RE: Problems: Questions on mini-20110308.iso

From: Samuel Thibault [sthibault@debian.org]
Sent: 22 March 2011 17:20
To: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Problems: Questions on mini-20110308.iso

>Svante R Signell, le Tue 22 Mar 2011 15:28:24 +0000, a écrit :
>> I'll publish my findings here when finished, for you to comment on.
>> Regarding the Wiki page Olaf mentioned I assume I need a password to edit it.

>Nope.

OK!

>> A question on the mini-20110308.iso:
>> Why can't I start the network without issuing settrans etc?

> Because you haven't used mini-20110319.iso which fixes the issue.

>> Network does not start automatically,

> Because mini-20110308.iso was not recording it properly.

Can you explain where it is stored on the new mini.iso? Is it possible to enable automatic network setup when booting, or do I have to use the 19/3 version and reinstall from scratch?

>> and dhclient eth0 does not work either??

> That, however, is more surprising. What happens?

Well, on first try it did not work, but after a reboot it seems to work. However, I cannot find any dhclient process running, neither any  pfinet process. How come?
(except the one at /hurd/pfinet -6 /servers/socket/26, what is it used for, ipv6?)

Sorry about these M$ web mails, my evo-mailer is currently broken.