RE: Problems: Questions on mini-20110308.iso

From: Samuel Thibault [sthibault@debian.org]
Sent: 21 March 2011 17:08
To: debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
Cc: Svante Signell
Subject: Re: Problems: Questions on mini-20110308.iso

olafBuddenhagen@gmx.net, le Mon 21 Mar 2011 14:49:59 +0100, a écrit :
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 12:09:16AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Svante Signell, le Fri 18 Mar 2011 22:21:06 +0100, a écrit :
>
> > > Yes, I know about this page. However, that page is not
> > > qemu-specific, and that's what I'm aiming for.
> >
> > Ok, but duplicating information is never a good idea.
>
> I beg to differ. While your statement is almost universally true for
> information processed by software, it's definitely not always true for
> information processed by humans. Having the information relevant to a
> particular topic in one place can be very useful.

The part that is relevant to that topic, yes. But the overlapping part
will just be a duplicate that'll become obsolete. For instance, I've
just discovered yet another french guide which is already obsolete, a
few months after being written.

I'll publish my findings here when finished, for you to comment on.
Regarding the Wiki page Olaf mentioned I assume I need a password to edit it.

A question on the mini-20110308.iso:
Why can't I start the network without issuing settrans etc?
I've upgraded to the latest gnumach, and the fixed pfinet.
Network does not start automatically, and dhclient eth0 does not work either??