Re: Problems: Questions on mini-20110308.iso

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 20:44 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Svante Signell, le Fri 18 Mar 2011 20:33:34 +0100, a écrit :
> > I've started to write down the steps to install Debian GNU/Hurd as
> > promised some time ago (up to and including X-windows) under Qemu, using
> > the Debian installer in mini-20110308.iso,
>
> Mmm, note that there is a page about this already on
> www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install
> It'd be good to avoid rewriting such documentation from scratch again
> and again as has been done in the past.

Yes, I know about this page. However, that page is not qemu-specific,
and that's what I'm aiming for. It does also look a bit outdated. There
is also information at:
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/running/qemu.html (qemu-specific,
not up to date in my opinion)

There was also a Debian page about Hurd (and qemu) that I cannot find it
right now. Maybe it is now the page you refer to.

Maybe we can have a discussion on what to add and where when I've
completed the writing (will of course send it to the list for review).

> So in a word, please wait for the next hurd/gnumach upload. I believe
> I've fixed the ext2fs port deallocation issue, so will upload soon,
> unless somebody finds issues with the gnumach package list I have talked
> about some time ago.

When you mention the deallocation issue, do you then mean the following
problem occurring now and then:
task 100038cc: deallocating an invalid port 2344, most probably a bug

Thanks for your efforts, they are appreciated! waiting for the next
upload of hurd/gnumach.