Re: Problems: Questions on mini-20110308.iso

Svante Signell, le Fri 18 Mar 2011 22:21:06 +0100, a écrit :
> Yes, I know about this page. However, that page is not qemu-specific,

And that's a good thing

> and that's what I'm aiming for.

Ok, but duplicating information is never a good idea. So the main page
can reference a page about qemu for the few qemu-specific things
(options worth using and basic qemu usage), but the rest should really
be on just one page, else any copy will become outdated.

> It does also look a bit outdated.

About what?

> There is also information at:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/running/qemu.html
> (qemu-specific, not up to date in my opinion)

Please contribute!

In any case, writing yet another documentation is _not_ a good idea,
it's just one more that will get outdated sooner or later.  Let's
concentrate on just what we need.

> > So in a word, please wait for the next hurd/gnumach upload. I believe
> > I've fixed the ext2fs port deallocation issue, so will upload soon,
> > unless somebody finds issues with the gnumach package list I have talked
> > about some time ago.
>
> When you mention the deallocation issue, do you then mean the following
> problem occurring now and then:
> task 100038cc: deallocating an invalid port 2344, most probably a bug

Yes.

Samuel