Re: Can't get vim installed...

On Nov 21, 2007 4:28 AM, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 01:50:15AM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> > Well, I tried that.  And although I could install vim-runtime
> > 1:7.1-022+1, which is the one required by the vim hurd, apt is still
> > kind of broken.  I can't perform apt-get dist-upgrade because it'll
> > always try to update vim-runtime and to then remove vim...  Hopefully
> > I can get aptitude soon, so that I can manage these things with "=" to
> > hold packages, :)...
>
> You can set packages to hold with dpkg as well:
>
> echo <pkgname> hold | dpkg --set-selections
>
> > BTW, I understood there was an update to the repos pending, so that
> > aptitude could get updated, is that so, or I misunderstood it?
>
> Can you try this package:
>
> http://incoming.debian.org/aptitude_0.4.9-1+b1_hurd-i386.deb
>
> Yesterday's aptitude upload was built against a wrong version of apt,
> this one, (to hit the archives in 10 hours or so) should be better.
>

> Michael

Done...  It seems like the ncurses based interface is buggy.  I could
successfully set vim-runtime in hold.  The bad response comes when
quiting aptitude, then the interface hangs and it nevers exit until a
Ctrl-C is applied, :(...

But it installs, and one can achieve the purposed tasks I believe,
:)...  Actually I tried aptitude full-upgrade, and the package I set
on hold was not tried to be updated, :)...

If there's another version you'd like me to try, then please let me
know, and I will as soon as I notice the message...

Javier