Re: Can't get vim installed...

On Nov 20, 2007 7:08 PM, Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 06:46:42PM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> > When trying to install "vim":
> >
> > # apt-get install vim
> >    vim:  Depends:  vim-runtime (= 1:7.1-022+1) but 1:7.1-138+1 is to
> > be installed.
>
> The general work-around for these kinds of problems (i.e. a
> arch-independent data package depending on the identical version of a
> arch-dependent program package which has not been uploaded for hurd-i386
> already) is to use http://snapshot.debian.org and install the matching
> data package for the latest hurd-i386 program package.
>
> But thanks for the report, I will try to get vim updated for K15.
>

> Michael

Hmm,

Well, I tried that.  And although I could install vim-runtime
1:7.1-022+1, which is the one required by the vim hurd, apt is still
kind of broken.  I can't perform apt-get dist-upgrade because it'll
always try to update vim-runtime and to then remove vim...  Hopefully
I can get aptitude soon, so that I can manage these things with "=" to
hold packages, :)...  BTW, I understood there was an update to the
repos pending, so that aptitude could get updated, is that so, or I
misunderstood it?

Javier