Re: K15 mini iso

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 12:54:08AM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 November 2007 15:17, Michael Banck wrote:
> >
> >  2. There is a /usr->. symlink, not a real /usr.
> >
> I need direction on this.
> 1.  Is the / filesystem to remain as I have it?
> 2.  is the /usr->. to be removed?
> 3.  is the /usr filesystem to follow the Linux example?

I think for Debian GNU/Hurd, it makes sense to have a real /usr
directory, i.e. not creating a /usr->. symlink at the start, and just
have a /usr as on GNU/Linux.  Whether or not /usr is a seperate file
system is a seperate decision and something which is not very easy to do
with the current baseGNU.tgz I guess.

The true GNU snapshots will have a /usr->. symlink (or no /usr at all).
Note that crosshurd gives the user the chance to decide whether or not
they want a /usr->. symlink, defaulting to no symlink.

Michael