Re: Can't get vim installed...

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 01:50:15AM -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> Well, I tried that.  And although I could install vim-runtime
> 1:7.1-022+1, which is the one required by the vim hurd, apt is still
> kind of broken.  I can't perform apt-get dist-upgrade because it'll
> always try to update vim-runtime and to then remove vim...  Hopefully
> I can get aptitude soon, so that I can manage these things with "=" to
> hold packages, :)...

You can set packages to hold with dpkg as well:

echo <pkgname> hold | dpkg --set-selections

> BTW, I understood there was an update to the repos pending, so that
> aptitude could get updated, is that so, or I misunderstood it?

Can you try this package:

http://incoming.debian.org/aptitude_0.4.9-1+b1_hurd-i386.deb

Yesterday's aptitude upload was built against a wrong version of apt,
this one, (to hit the archives in 10 hours or so) should be better.

Michael