/usr->. symlink (was: K15 mini iso)

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 05:44:43PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:

> The true GNU snapshots will have a /usr->. symlink (or no /usr at
> all).

Actually neither is right I think. AIUI the idea is to have /usr unioned
into / , so the files can be put in separate locations, but are all
visible from / .

The symlink achieves a somewhat similar effect, by causing everything to
be put into / in the first place. It has some ugly side effects though,
as you know.

I don't know about the existing snapshots; but the ready GNU system
certainly won't have a symlink. The symlink was never meant as anything
else but a hack, until unionfs is functional...

-antrik-