senmdail compiles clean (was: Re: creating debian packages )

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 02:30:21PM -0800, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 05:24:40AM +0700, Budi Rahardjo wrote:
>
> > PS: is there anybody working on sendmail package? it compiles clean
> > under GNU/Hurd.
>
> Last I checked there were several dependencies that did not compile
> cleanly. =(  It's been about a year since I tried, though.

Sendmail 8.12.6 compiles clean. Did that a few days ago.
It is now running on my GNU/Hurd.

I am still having problem tweaking the configuration though.
Somehow it picks up old hostname that I assigned to this GNU/Hurd
machine. I couldn't find where it gets the hostname.
(I tried to configure it with sendmail.cf but it's kludgy.)

I am still confused on how GNU/Hurd store networking information. :)
ie. IP configuration is stored with passive translator
instead in a file ala /etc/network/interfaces.
Would it be better to have (startup) script that reads
/etc/network/interfaces and then calls pfinet to set the IP?

-- budi
--
http://budi.insan.co.id