Re: mailing list admin-stuff (was: Re: ssh, /dev/urandom)

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:53:13AM +0700, Budi Rahardjo wrote:

> could you just use <debian-hurd@lists.debian.org> when replying?
> ie you don't have to add my name (or other people) in the Bcc:
> We are all subscribers of the list.
> I've been getting multiple copies. Once or twice is ok, but
> too many of them is annoying :(

Hmm - I wish there was some easy way of knowing when to do this or not -
I always 'g'roup reply (in mutt) so that everyone gets it.  I also
happen to like the duplicates, since a mail address to me goes in my
inbox, whereas the one with the list headers gets filtered into the
right folder so I can follow the thread.

I know that the latest mailman allows a subscribe to ask the mailing
list manager to not send to them if they're name is otherwise on the cc:
list.  Perhaps the smartlist folks could be asked to provide the same
feature.  (I think Debian uses smartlist.  The GNU servers use mailman,
so you could use that option now).

Tks,
Jeff Bailey