Re: ssh, /dev/urandom

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 11:07:35AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> > Without ext2fs the system is completly unusable, without random the
> > system is quite usable.  Without GNU Mach you don't even have a
> > working system.

> But you said that "bad security is worse than no security".  So better
> no GNU Mach than an insecure one, right?

Your argument is absurd.  Network security considerations are different
than local system security considerations.  We have control over who can
have an account on our systems.  We don't necessarily have control over
who has access to our IP ports.

There's also the difference that we've never claimed that GNUMach is
secure.  There's the general expectation that ssh is.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey