Re: Hurd under Bochs

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 01:02:18PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 11:14:18PM -0400, Norbert Veber wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw this message in the archives and its replies:
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-hurd/2002/debian-hurd-200205/msg00131.html
> >
> > Did anyone ever get this to work?
>
> please see:
>
> http://khazad.dyndns.org/bochs/gnu/
>
> there's a preinstalled image, and a list of known problems. installing
> and configuring GNU in bochs is slow/buggy, so you can save a lot of time
> by fetching it.
>
> If you want to play with that, try to install the gdb debian
> package on it (last time i tried installing packages crashed and
> untarring binaries corrupted the filesystem)

Ah, I'll try that image, thanks!  I still wonder how it was created to
begin with :)

I did notice when running linux in bochs that it took about 5 minutes to
caluclate module dependancies.  Its painfully slow..

I have since installed the hurd on my laptop, which went fairly well.
Unfortunately it doesnt support my network card.

Thanks,

Norbert