Re: Hurd should be released (Was: Re: HURD/Linux/BSD* ... Loosing focus.)

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 01:24:54AM +0900, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
> At Wed, 22 May 2002 14:12:01 +0200,
> Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > Depends on what you call a release and the reasons you have for
> > releases. We actually release after every change we make to the Hurd,
> > the latest release of the Hurd is always the version in CVS. GNU 0.2
> > is so old that I doubt that any non-Hurd hacker know it still exists
> > today.
>
> I don't need such an explanation. I'm more familiar with the Hurd than
> you, probably. Haven't you seen the list of Hurd developers in
> Savannah?

I just want to say that everybody can always get the latest version
from CVS. Without a release people can still run the latest version,
so we don't have to release for that.

> I've already showed my opinion and wrote the URL relevant to it. If
> you have any objection to me, describe your opinion more
> specifically. It is not a good reason just that the Hurd has a CVS
> repository.

There is no sense in releasing the Hurd when it's not ready for
release and IMHO this at least means the 1 GB limitation should be
fixed.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org  IRC ID: jeroen@openprojects