Re: Hurd should be released (Was: Re: HURD/Linux/BSD* ... Loosing focus.)

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 01:51:34PM +0900, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
> At Tue, 21 May 2002 16:00:50 +0200,
> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > Subsequent releases where not done, because between having the Hurd code in
> > CVS and the binary snaphots in Debian, there was little need to rubberstamp
> > a particular version as 0.3 or whatever.
>
> >From Hurd's point of view, that's true. But it is really bad for third
> parties when referring to any particular implementation of the Hurd. I
> don't say that Hurd should be released often. That's required when a
> big user-visible change is made.

Depends on what you call a release and the reasons you have for
releases. We actually release after every change we make to the Hurd,
the latest release of the Hurd is always the version in CVS. GNU 0.2
is so old that I doubt that any non-Hurd hacker know it still exists
today.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org  IRC ID: jeroen@openprojects