Re: The HURD on the desktop ?

* Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> [020513 13:50]:

> > > The issue here is content.  The current layout is good enough for
> > > presentation of good content :)
>
> > Jeff, what did you have in mind when you suggested this?  When I
> > asked there seemed to be not much more to do right now.
>
> We're not yet at the point where we can confidently say to someone: Go
> to http://hurd.gnu.org/ and you can reasonably expect to get on
> without asking for help.
>
> A few things that could go up there:
>
> 1) TODOs

There are already links to the task and TODO files in the CVS repsitory
from http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/devel.html so are you talking
about a high level status document?

> 2) Known system limitations (in a FAQ form - or possibly linked to
> that new TWiki)

Great idea.  Please help edit this:

        http://www.vmlinux.org/twiki/bin/view/Hurd/KnownHurdLimits

> 3) Links to general howtos for Bash, and friends.

Hmm, what kind of audience are you targeting?  People who can't look in
/usr/share/doc/foo and read the HOWTOs available from the LDP are going
to have more problems than Bash.

        http://www.vmlinux.org/twiki/bin/view/Hurd/NewbieQuestions

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>