Re: installing baseHurd over the network

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 12:07:13AM +0200, Joachim Nilsson wrote:
> Anyway, I cannot seem to find a gnu-latest.tar.gz for the new libio stuff
> on alpha. I tried, despite better knowledge, to upgrade my old stdio
> install using apt. And since that failed, of course, I thought I'd
> reinstall ... but I cannot find a gnu-latest.tar.gz from this year,
> have I gone blind, or lost track completely?

I've used the one at <ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/debian-staging/>,
but i've had some problems with debconf, it uses noninteractive method,
as it says that can't use dialog (not installed) nor readline (i thought it
was installed), maybe i'm missing something, but on one installation
(i've done some) readline was used.
The message says that can't find Term/ReadLine.pm and it doesn't appear
in /share/perl5/Debconf.

regards
guillem