installing baseHurd over the network

Hello,

I want to take a (quick) look at the hurd, but I ran into some troubles.
I've got an E1 image and I'd like to know if a H2-image would take me
further.

The PC is a 486/66 with 12MB RAM, 2GB HD, floppy but no CDROM.

Since the PC has no CDROM, I'd like to install everything over the
network (from my local server). E1 doesn't support this. Does H2
support a network-install? Is 12MB RAM still enough for a H2-install?

When I first tried E1 on another machine that has two BSD partitions, I
encountered a strange behaviour: cfdisk-partitioning was normal, but
the debian-installer counted partitions inside of the BSD disklabels as
hdaxx-partitions, and so e.g. hda5 became hda9. I assume this is a
kernel-feature the installer isn't aware of. Does anyone know if this
strangeness regarding BSD-partitions still exists in H2 or woody?

Thanks,
Thomas.