Re: Debian packages, and 3c556 ethernet

O Xov, 2002-02-21 ás 15:29, Moritz Schulte escribiu:
> Tobin Fricke <tobin@splorg.org> writes:
>
> > The second question is a consequence of the first: What's the
> > easiest way to get a development environment set up in Hurd?  I'm
> > not too familiar with the Debian package system... but can I, from
> > within linux, fetch and cross-install (via dselect?) the packages
> > needed for development (gcc, gmake, binutils, etc)?
>
> You could check the APT Offline Howto (it's included in the apt
> package).  This howto explains how to let apt download packages on one
> system and later install them on a different one.

hint: read that doc to get the idea.

then go to:

    /usr/share/doc/apt/examples/configure-index.gz

and copy the Dir section. i've got to modify basically:

    // Directory layout
    Dir "/"
    {

to "/mnt/gnu", and,

    status "/var/lib/dpkg/status";

to "/mnt/gnu/var/..."; the other paths are relative, no problem.

you've got to set the "hurd-i386" Architecture, and surely the
Download-Only to "true".

take a look, maybe you also want to change more parameters.. after that
move the apt.conf to, say, /mnt/gnu/etc/apt/apt.conf, and that's all.
then you can already use "apt-get -c /m/g/e/a/apt.conf update" and so.

i've got a problem with this, maybe i'm missing some step, but apt
doesn't update the status file, i've got to do it ¿manually? (¿at
hand?). does anybody have this problem, or any hint?

> 		moritz

aburinho!!

Manuel A. Fernández Montecelo <manuel@sindominio.net>
                              <manuel@es.gnu.org>