Re: Debian packages, and 3c556 ethernet

Tobin Fricke <tobin@splorg.org> writes:

> The second question is a consequence of the first: What's the
> easiest way to get a development environment set up in Hurd?  I'm
> not too familiar with the Debian package system... but can I, from
> within linux, fetch and cross-install (via dselect?) the packages
> needed for development (gcc, gmake, binutils, etc)?

You could check the APT Offline Howto (it's included in the apt
package).  This howto explains how to let apt download packages on one
system and later install them on a different one.

		moritz
--
moritz@duesseldorf.ccc.de - http://duesseldorf.ccc.de/~moritz/
GPG fingerprint = 3A14 3923 15BE FD57 FC06  B501 0841 2D7B 6F98 4199