Re: g++ on the hurd?

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 10:21:49PM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 03:27:33PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> was heard to say:
> > >   What's the solution?  ie, should libc0.2 be providing gconv-modules, or
> > > should gtk+ not depend on it on the Hurd?
> >
> > Yes, libc0.2 should provide it. Please file a bug report.
>
>   Ben Collins suggested that it would be better for libgtk1.2 not to depend
> on gconv-modules.  I've actually compiled a version for my own use which
> doesn't, and it seems to work..

Then the bug should be reassigned (either by you or Ben) to libgtk1.2 and
retitled to "remove dependency on gconv-modules". Also, bug reports should
be filed for all other packages depending on gconv-modules.

> > >   As far as I know, sawfish is threadless.  wmaker might be better standalone,
> > > though, since sawfish doesn't have a pager (or I suppose I could get spager
> > > working..)
>
>   sawfish, unfortunately, depends on rep-gtk, which needs Gnome to compile.
> Once compiled it shouldn't depend on Gnome, though.  I think.

Gnomes is big. I build most of the basic gnome libraries and the gnome core
itself without a lot of problems. Sorting out the remaining problems and
submitting bugs for them (I didn't) is an easy task.

>   wmaker, OTOH, compiles perfectly and works nicely.

Please upload everything you do, and let Jeff know about the source package
name so he can keep it up to date.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de