Re: hurd progress and bugs

> The people from fiasco say in their faq:
>
> Do you plan to port the GNU Hurd to the Fiasco µ-kernel?
>     This indeed sounds like an interesting project -- but we currently
>     don't have the resources to do it. Maybe you would like to do it?
>     (hohmuth 98/10/10)
>

> Perhaps its really time to think about it.
> How much time would it probably cost?

I don't know, but I've an idea that I'm not sure if it is correct; if
it isn't, please correct me.
A library can be developed to hide the internal functions of the
microkernel. The Hurd should need only to call this library and it
could call the microkernel functions. So, if you could want to change
the microkernel you should only change this library, cos it could make
microkernel calls transparently to the hurd. Using this kind of
library whould mean changing all mach calls inside the hurd, but when
all of this have been done, anyone could use mach or fiasco.
Can this be implemented ???

Bye!