hurd progress and bugs

Hi all,

I've installed hurd three times in the last months, and everytime I've
done this, I've found the same "bugs" in each installation. I think
that known bugs should be corrected before implementing new things and
before the system grows. A bigger system is harder to debug...
For example, that weird bug that corrupts the terminal after the
installation, or that limitation that doesn't allows hurd to be
installed in a partition bigger than 1 GB.

Also, I think that hurd needs boot disks to be installed without
needing any other os. If I could learn something about this, I could
try to help.

Thanks.