Re: hurd progress and bugs

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 10:13:05AM +0200, Juli-Manel Merino Vidal wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've installed hurd three times in the last months, and everytime I've
> done this, I've found the same "bugs" in each installation. I think
> that known bugs should be corrected before implementing new things and
> before the system grows. A bigger system is harder to debug...
> For example, that weird bug that corrupts the terminal after the
> installation, or that limitation that doesn't allows hurd to be
> installed in a partition bigger than 1 GB.
>
> Also, I think that hurd needs boot disks to be installed without
> needing any other os. If I could learn something about this, I could
> try to help.
>
> Thanks.

OH! I forgot to say some things more....

First, why Mach uses the same drivers that linux uses ? I saw this as
a fast and ugly implementation. I don't know, but I think that there
should be drivers specially written for the hurd instead using other
OSs drivers.

Also, I've seen somewhere (correct me if this is not true) that Mach
should be rewritten, don't remember why. But is somebody doing this?
As hurd gets more code, it should be stronger to replace the current
mach microkernel....

Well, now that's all. :)

Bye!