Installed hurd...

I just installed hurd on my computer a while ago. I managed to do it
allright in the end, but had a minor problem in the beginning.

I know next to nothing about ext2 filesystem and even less about hurd's
way of handling it, but it seems to me, that unless the (root?) fs is
marked to be created by hurd the system is not able to boot. So I have
to say mkfs -o hurd ... in linux to get it work. Otherwise (without -o
hurd) the system panics while booting (something like trap 14, or so)
without giving any informative errormessage. The crash happens about the
same time, when /boot/serverboot is supposed to begin executing.

This sounds weird, but it's the only explanation I could figure out.

Juho.