GNU/Hurd FAQ [was: Re: more hurd problems]

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

	<snip>

> p.s. who owns the GNU/Hurd FAQ? I want to mail them about partition types.

	<snip>

I think the partition type stuff is already documented somewhere --- possibly
in the Grub documentation.

As far as the GNU/Hurd FAQ goes, I'm willing (eager) to work on it if whoever
owns it wants to give it up.  I'm familiar with most documentation material
that can be found by following links from www.gnu.org.

As Gord and Roland both know, I am trying to get started on the hurd texinfo
documentation.  So far, I'm still rooting around in the source code trying
to understand what's what and to identify where Gord left off.  As far as I'm
concerned, Gordon still "owns" this until I actually produce something.

Personally, I'm interested in:
	- Grub/Gnumach/Hurd architecture (diagrams and the like)
	- hurd boot process
	- porting issues [ as I remember, the original goal for GNU was that
	  Hurd should be portable --- porting involves only
		gcc, libc, gnumach, ... (anything else ?) ]
I'm certainly willing to assist in coordinating any documentation effort
and I'm willing to act as a collection/organization point for anything
anyone wants to contribute.

----
Guy W. Hulbert					At Work:
guy@interlog.com				guy@bioinfo.sickkids.on.ca