Re: more hurd problems

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 02:24:16PM +0000, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> > On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> >- it boots, but then falls over:
> > error 2502 when trying to run /dev/hdb1/boot/servers.boot
> >
> > permissions of the file are:
> >
> > -rw-r--r--  1 root staff
>
> Permissions are okay. What is the content?

attached (bonus point for not trying to ftp to uni mail server as root ;) )

> > What am I doing wrong _this_ time?
>
> please send the file to the list. It needs some configuration.

Have done.

> > Sorry to continue being useless, and thanks for your continued patience,
>
> Useless? Since when are testers useless?

When they don't offer fixes? ;)

Matthew

p.s. who owns the GNU/Hurd FAQ? I want to mail them about partition types.

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/
http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/
# Boot script file for booting GNU Hurd.  Each line specifies a file to be
# loaded by the boot loader (the first word), and actions to be done with it.

# First, the bootstrap filesystem.  It needs several ports as arguments,
# as well as the user flags from the boot loader.
/hurd/ext2fs.static --bootflags=${boot-args} --host-priv-port=${host-port} --device-master-port=${device-port} --exec-server-task=${exec-task} -Tdevice ${root-device} $(task-create) $(task-resume)

# Now the exec server; to load the dynamically-linked exec server program,
# we have the boot loader in fact load and run ld.so, which in turn
# loads and runs /hurd/exec.  This task is created, and its task port saved
# in ${exec-task} to be passed to the fs above, but it is left suspended;
# the fs will resume the exec task once it is ready.
/lib/ld.so.1 /hurd/exec $(exec-task=task-create)

# default pager
/dev/hd1b $(add-paging-file) $(default-pager)