Re: Moving alpha and hppa architectures to debian-ports.org

On 7/6/2011 4:24 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 11:12 AM, dann frazier<dannf@dannf.org>  wrote:
Right - we have machines we should be able to use (peri/penalosa) -
they currently only build lenny updates today. And yeah, not having a
stable release will make managing these systems a bigger timesink, and
I won't be able to volunteer for that.

DSA manages these machines for us, and it probably isn't feasible to
give non-DDs access to boxes building security updates. So, we'll
likely need to repurpose one of these machines and manage it under
debian-ports. That leaves us w/o a backup for lenny updates, but I can
setup a system here at home in a pinch. Once lenny support ends, both
machines could be allocated for debian-ports.
[trimming CC list]

Dan,

So it looks like we have one machine that we could setup as a
unstable/experimental buildd?

There is also a machine (rp3440) in the ESIEE test ring that might make a good buildd machine
if security isn't too big an issue.

How do we get started on that and how can I help?

Same here.  Thanks Carlos.

Dave