Re: Moving alpha and hppa architectures to debian-ports.org

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 12:31:02PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org> wrote:
> > Hi Alpha and HPPA porters,
> >
> > Thanks to the DSA team, we now have a new machine with plenty of
> > available space to run debian-ports.org. I have already started to copy
> > the data, and I hope to be able to do the final migration during the
> > next week-end (30th April / 1st May). I'll create the Alpha and HPPA
> > archive at the same time, so that we can start moving these
> > architectures during the week after.
>
> Thank you for helping out!
>
> In this post: http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2011/05/msg00012.html,
> you write: "nobody answered my emails", but here you wrote "and got a
> few responses", could you please clarify?

I got a few answers, but there were all concerning alpha. I didn't got a
single mail before this one concerning hppa.

> > In order to prepare this move, I would need a few informations:
> > - A place/way to fetch all the .deb that have to be import with the
> >  corresponding .changes.
> > - List of persons who need to have access to the wanna-build interface.
> >  If some of them are not DD, please also provide mail/login/ssh key.
> > - List of persons who should be able to upload packages to the archive
> >  with the corresponding GPG keys (that should include buildds
> >  maintainers).
> > - List of emails to be used as a contact point for alpha/hppa buildds
> >  and alpha/hppa related things.
> > - List of buildds with their IP, SSH key and mail address.
>
> > I already asked all of that recently and got a few responses, but I
> > would prefer if one single person per architecture can work on that, and
> > send me a summary (preferably a signed mail from a Debian Developer).
> > It's easier than having to process individual requests.
>
> Is there anyone that has stepped up to be a coordinator for hppa in
> debian-ports?

I am not aware of such coordinator, unless he hasn't contacted me yet.

> The reason I'm asking is because I have critical glibc patches for
> debian-hppa that should fix serious userspace SIGEV_THREAD problems
> and I'm trying to figure out how to get those into debian-ports for
> hppa.

You can send them to debian-glibc@lists.d.o, so that they are included
in the source package. For getting them on debian-ports, someone has to
build the corresponding binary packages or provide a build daemon.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73