Re: Moving alpha and hppa architectures to debian-ports.org

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org> wrote:
>> > I already asked all of that recently and got a few responses, but I
>> > would prefer if one single person per architecture can work on that, and
>> > send me a summary (preferably a signed mail from a Debian Developer).
>> > It's easier than having to process individual requests.
>>
>> Is there anyone that has stepped up to be a coordinator for hppa in
>> debian-ports?
>
> I am not aware of such coordinator, unless he hasn't contacted me yet.

Dann,

Could you be the coordinator?

I'm not asking for you to do any work (yet), but I'd like the web of
trust to go through a debian developer.

I'll send you my keys and you can pass them on to Aurelian in a signed email?

>> The reason I'm asking is because I have critical glibc patches for
>> debian-hppa that should fix serious userspace SIGEV_THREAD problems
>> and I'm trying to figure out how to get those into debian-ports for
>> hppa.
>>

> You can send them to debian-glibc@lists.d.o, so that they are included
> in the source package. For getting them on debian-ports, someone has to
> build the corresponding binary packages or provide a build daemon.

Your response implies some things I'm not yet aware of, or don't understand.

(1) hppa has no debian-ports buildd?

(2) If hppa has no buildd, what is the short laundry list of things I
could do to fix this?

Cheers,
Carlos.