Re: Moving alpha and hppa architectures to debian-ports.org

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 07:27:25AM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:

> On 6-Jul-11, at 1:37 AM, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 05:37:15PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> >>
> >>Your response implies some things I'm not yet aware of, or don't
> >>understand.
> >>
> >>(1) hppa has no debian-ports buildd?
> >
> >Given nobody step-up to do the job on the hppa side, there is no build
> >daemons.
>
> That's not quite true.  Back in May, I wrote to Dan offering to
> help.  Dan had also
> offered to manage a build machine but didn't want to support an
> unstable only
> port.

Right - we have machines we should be able to use (peri/penalosa) -
they currently only build lenny updates today. And yeah, not having a
stable release will make managing these systems a bigger timesink, and
I won't be able to volunteer for that.

DSA manages these machines for us, and it probably isn't feasible to
give non-DDs access to boxes building security updates. So, we'll
likely need to repurpose one of these machines and manage it under
debian-ports. That leaves us w/o a backup for lenny updates, but I can
setup a system here at home in a pinch. Once lenny support ends, both
machines could be allocated for debian-ports.