Re: 712 + cups + parport

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 02:48:17PM +0100, Damien wrote:
> But if I connect the printer to the HP 712 and configure
> CUPS to use it, it only prints garbage.

sounds like a problem with LASI parport support
or something is mis-configured.

> I saw a previous thread about the need to load a
> "parport_gsc" kernel module. I do have "CONFIG_PARPORT_GSC =
> Y" in my kernel config file, but no such module...

right. You've included the driver in the kernel with "=Y".
If you really want PARPORT_GSC to be a module, use "=M".
But it really only needs to be a module if you seldomly use it
and want to unload the driver when done.

grant