712 + cups + parport

Hi,

Now that my 712 runs happily (Thanks), I would like to connect an old Deskjet printer to its parallel port.

- This printer works on a PC with Linux and Cups.
- Cups works on the HP712 workstation, printing on a network
postscript printer is OK.

But if I connect the printer to the HP 712 and configure CUPS to use it, it only prints garbage.

I saw a previous thread about the need to load a "parport_gsc" kernel module. I do have "CONFIG_PARPORT_GSC = Y" in my kernel config file, but no such module...

Help appreciated...

--
Damien