Re: ghc-7.10.3 is out...

On Fri, 25 Dec 2015 18:13:27 +0100
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 25.12.2015, 13:01 +0100 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> > The problem I tried to fix with that flag just happened to me.
> > The problem was, that after building the package, make-all uses adddsc
> > to add the dsc file that was generated before the build to the .changes
> > file. If sbuild is configured to build with source by default, that
> > file will already be added to the .changes file and adddsc will fail,
> > that's why I made make-all always build without source.
> > I think we should try to make make-all work regardless fo the users
> > sbuild configuration. I guess the best solution would be to not fail if
> > adddsc fails.
>
> would it work if make-all would pass more options to sbuild to make it
> behave the way make-all expects, in order to insulate it more from
> possible user configuration?
>
> Which sbuild option in particular are you talking about, and where do
> you set it?

That is about the no-source option to sbuild, which you removed a few
commits ago, because it caused problems for Clint.

I don't see, why the dsc is added after the build at all.
I think it would make more sense if we add -s and --no-source flags to
make all, always pass --no-source to sbuild and then add the previously
generated sources to the changes file
(with changestool includeallsources), if a source build was requested
by flag.

Regards
Sven