Re: ghc-7.10.3 is out...

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 06.12.2015, 17:30 +0000 schrieb Clint Adams:
> On Sun, Dec 06, 2015 at 02:16:06PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > thanks, Clint, for doing this work! What is the status right now?
>
> At least hmatrix and Hsmtlib are broken.

Hsmtlib was expectedand can be removed, Kris is aware and agrees.

I was not aware of build failures with hmatrix. What sort of failure?

> Unless we can make mtl-compat and nats into dummy packages of some
> kind, they'll need to be removed and set to avoid.

You mean they are empty with GHC-7.10? In that case, removal + patching
out any use of them is the right thing to do, I think.

> > There were some REJECTS from your uploads. Are you on top of these, or
> > do you need help?
>
> It's unclear to me why some of them say "no source available".

Likely a -1 version was added to the repository but no according upload
was made. You bumped the version to -2, causing dpkg-buildpackage not
to include the source in the upload, which then failed.

To fix such a problem, dpkg-buildpackage -S -sa
should help without having to rebuild, by doing a source-only upload.

> > I am a bit surprised that you combined the upload with a upgrade to
> > new
> > versions. I would have put the well-tested and complete state of
>
> Yes, that was a mistake.  I was experiencing many build failures and
> thought upgrading would be easier.

I am surprised that there were build failures in the first place. The
packages were in good shape in experimental, and the last time I ran
"dht make-all" it went through. Do you have an idea what went wrong?