Re: Pending removals: Some happstack, iteratee, mueval, leksah

On Fri, Jul 3, 2015 at 5:25 PM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> You can install a more recent version of GHC independently of the
> Debian packages and use that to make sure your packages work with
> reasonable new dependencies. I suggest to at least aim for
> compatibility with stackage LTS – this way, you are shielded from
> unrelated build failures in your dependencies.

Yes, well, then I would have another GHC version floating around my
system and causing trouble; I switched to using the Debian packages
precisely because installing it myself was leading to cruft...

Anyway, it's reportedly working on 7.10 now so I've pushed a new
version to Hackage. I've also asked Chris Done if he wants to take
over the package; I no longer use Haskell that much and am out of the
packaging loop (for example, I have no idea what this stackage you
mention is).

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net