Re: ITP : Haskell Curl bindings

Joachim Breitner wrote:

> You do not use hlibrary.mk (shipped in haskell-devscripts), which is
> currently the preferred way of packaging cabal libraries,

Yep, much easier. Thanks.

> It is custom to repeat the full description for the -prof and -doc
> packages as well.

Fixed.

> You don’t have a built dependency on libcurl-dev. This sounds like a
> severe problem. Please make sure your package builds in a clean pbuilder
> setup.

Yep, bit the bullet and got pbuilder set up. It was much easier than
last time I tried it.

> The binary package (-dev) does not have any dependency on libcurl.

It now depends on libcurl. I'm not too sure how that interacts with
libcurl using openssl vs gnutls.

> This
> might be a problem – but hopefully one that can be solved generally, as
> suggested by Marco, thread “mk-haskell-depends”

Marco mentions a script called "mk-haskell-depends" that is part of
gtk2hs. Should I really copy it from gtk2hs or should I just wait for
it to become part of haskell-devscripts?

> Your watch file does not seem to work. Compare this simpler and working
> example for a watch file:

Fixed thanks.

> I don’t think you need debian/libghc6-curl-doc.dirs

Correct. Deleted.

I've uploaded a new version here:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/Debian/

I've given it version 1.3.4-2 to distinguish it from the previous one,  but
I'll down grade it to -1 again when its time for the real ITP.

Cheers,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft
product.