Re: ITP : Haskell Curl bindings

[I sent this on thursday, no idea why it did not get through]

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 12.03.2009, 21:46 +1100 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > I usually prefer other people to do work instead of me :-) But I can
> > review the package before you let it sponsor. Do you have the sources
> > available somewhere?
>
> They're here:
>
>    http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/Debian/haskell-curl/

You do not use hlibrary.mk (shipped in haskell-devscripts), which is
currently the preferred way of packaging cabal libraries, and the
packaging scheme with the most active  development. Do you have good
reasons not to use it?

It is custom to repeat the full description for the -prof and -doc
packages as well.

You don’t have a built dependency on libcurl-dev. This sounds like a
severe problem. Please make sure your package builds in a clean pbuilder
setup.

The binary package (-dev) does not have any dependency on libcurl. This
might be a problem – but hopefully one that can be solved generally, as
suggested by Marco, thread “mk-haskell-depends”

Your watch file does not seem to work. Compare this simpler and working
example for a watch file:

version=3
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/haskeline/([\d\.]+)/haskeline-([\d\.]+).tar.gz

I don’t think you need debian/libghc6-curl-doc.dirs

That’s it for now, feel free to ask if things are unclear.