SD/MMC driver? [Re: Zaurus keeps crashing]

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:01:05AM -0700, steve wrote:
> Klaus wrote:
>> Lastly, on the handheld just run "dpkg -i *.rpm" on the downloaded
>> packages to install them all together, including dependencies.
>
> I think he means "dpkg -i *.deb"

Oops, yes of course. Obviously I've been working too much with non-Debian
systems recently ;-)

A more general question - what's the current status of kernel support for
SD/MMC cards? I haven't been keeping track.

Apparently there are now 512 MB MMC cards available:

  http://www.extrememory.de/englisch_pages/produkte_english/multimediacard_engl.htm

So those would be an alternative to SD, especially if a more stable
driver (under active open source development) exists. MMC doesn't have
the silly Digital Restriction Management features that prevent
open-sourced SD drivers.

-Klaus