Re: Zaurus keeps crashing

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 10:57:51AM -0700, Boris R. wrote:
> So I have tried a faster card,  speed 40 (don't know the units).
> The problem is still there.  How do you suggest I can install
> packages ?  If I do dpkg -i, will it also want to open a bunch of files ?

Yes, package installation causes lots of write activity.

The solution would be a fixed driver, but apparently Sharp isn't much
interested in supporting older models, and it's closed source (due to the
proprietary SD interface), so there's no open source driver available.

As a workaround, I suggest you try the background sync loop:

	while true; do sync; sleep 1; done

> Also, how can I download packages that I want for the zaurus, on the PC.
> For example, I want to install gnuchess,xboard, and xfonts-cyrillic,
> but I want to automatically grab all the dependencies.

Run:

	apt-get install --print-uris gnuchess xboard xfonts-cyrillic

and it'll print the URLs needed for the packages instead of downloading
them.

-Klaus