Re: Zaurus keeps crashing

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 02:53:45PM -0700, Boris R. wrote:
> > As a workaround, I suggest you try the background sync loop:
> >
> > 	while true; do sync; sleep 1; done
>
> I tried it, it didn't help.

Too bad, I'm out of ideas. Without the driver source, I don't see a way
of investigating or fixing it.

> > 	apt-get install --print-uris gnuchess xboard xfonts-cyrillic
>
> Should I put the SD card into a usb flash adapter, and attach it to a PC, then
> some how chroot into it and install the packages.  When I apt-get on a PC, how do
> I tell it that the architecture is arm ?

One thing I forgot, run "apt-get update" first on the handheld to make
sure you're using current packet lists, otherwise the URLs will be wrong.

First put the SD card in the handheld and run the "apt-get --print-uris"
command. You'll get an output list of URLs you need to download. Save the
list to a file on the SD card.

Then, put the SD card in the flash adapter (don't forget to unmount it,
never modify data on a card removed from a suspended handheld), and use
"wget" or a similar tool on the PC to download all the .deb packages in
the list. They are full path names including the architecture. Save the
.deb packages on the SD card, and put it back in the handheld.

Lastly, on the handheld just run "dpkg -i *.rpm" on the downloaded
packages to install them all together, including dependencies.

-Klaus